About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Streaks Of Simplicity

I feel like I'm leaving you in the dark about this whole "streak" thing. The streak is the consecutive weekends in a row that I leave OKC. I've spent one weekend in Oklahoma City since the beginning of April. On that weekend, I stayed because some plans fell through, but even so, I still ended up going to Tulsa for most of that weekend. Most of these weekends are planned trips or events that I'm obligated to be at, but a lot of them are spur of the moment. Take for instance this weekend. I didn't have anything lined up until about 30 minutes ago, and this was the conversation...

I sent Dave a text message to call me when he had a second...

Me: What's up, Dave?
Dave: Not much man. What are you up to?
Me: Just trying to sort out my weekend, what are your plans?
Dave: Nothing really. You should come see me and we will do something here!
Me: Sounds like a great idea; we could go see the Austin guys. They've been calling me to come visit.
Dave: Yeah! Or we could go to San Antonio and crash my cousins bachelorette party and float the river.
Me: Will she care?
Dave: Dude, I'm her cousin and she knows that I'm in the area; it's a given that I'm showing up.
Me: I'm game! So do you want to do that or Austin?
Dave: Don't know. It's a toss up.
Me: How about we talk about it when I get there tonight? I'll go ahead and pack a swim suit for the river.
Dave: K. See you tonight.
Me: Yay!

It's that simple. Needless to say, the streak continues with a trip to San Antonio/Austin/Gruene!
Foto Friday: This is a more emotional Foto Friday because of the recent theft of my camera. I will not be able to document this weekend's activities. Like wise, I can't even show you 4th of July pictures, so instead, I am going to make good on a promise. I was scolded for one of the pictures that I posted last Friday, so to make up for it, I said that I would put up a better picture.



This is Hilary (aka Red). She's the one that gets easily confused.

2 comments:

  1. Have a good time and be careful. Jenna's floating the river soon.

    Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered why you did not answer my phone call. Love, mom

    ReplyDelete