About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Disturbances Of Normal Functioning

My initial point of this blog was to provide insights and events that make me who I am today and what got me to where I am. I feel that I've left out a very crucial part of my personality that helps define who I am. As much as I have tried to resist it my whole life, I think that I have a small dosage of OCD. It explains why I can't just dabble into things. I always have to go to the extreme. Either I'm completely one way or completely the other; it's very rare that I toe the fence on something. It also explains my motivation behind certain tasks that I perform. Let me try to explain.

The first word in OCD is obsessive (having or showing excessive or compulsive concern with something). I was recently accused of being obsessed with certain things; tasks, objects, and even people. I know that I've always had the characteristic of getting so enthralled by things that they become the center of my focus. I can see how I'm obsessed with keeping things clean and in order, and the word concerned probably fits in this case. I can probably even see where I become a little concerned with people like girlfriends and close friends, but doesn't the word obsessed sound super creepy when used with people? Personally, I don't think that my concern for people is excessive, but I do know of some people who would argue this statement towards me.

The second word is compulsive (an irrational motive for performing trivial or repetitive actions, even against your will). This is probably the hardest part of my OCD to explain. I can't really say that I have any urges to do something outside of my own will. Yet, if I look at it from a sinners point of view, then it's an easy explanation. There are tons of sins that I wish I didn't fall into. Some sins, I even make an honest effort not to do, but for some reason or another, I always find myself coming back to. (Did you catch how good of a rhyme that was? That could be a sweet little poem. I'm going to go ahead and highlight that for you. Anyways, where was I...) I guess you could call me a compulsive sinner. Compulsive Eater. Compulsive sleeper. And yes, I am a compulsive cleaner/organizer.

The third is disorder (a condition in which there is a disturbance of normal functioning). HAHAHA! What better way to describe Chad Davis? Do I really need to go into great detail of my abnormalities? If you haven't figured out my strangeness by meeting me or reading my blogs then you need to pay closer attention.

3 comments:

  1. Motivation behind certain tasks? You mean like your color-coded closet? Hey, I have to admit I love your method! You can at least always find what you need.

    Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I wasn't going to just come right out and tell the world that I color-code my closet because then they might think that I'm more OCD than I let on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry if I let the cat out of the bag! At least I didn't tell some of the other things. HA

    Love

    ReplyDelete