About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Horrifyingly Beautiful Writer's Block

For the past week, I've been racking my brain for something to write about, but as you can see, nothing has come to mind. I've thought about blogging on my weekend in Dallas, and telling you about the horse races and Eli Young concert on Friday night, and going to Hurricane Harbor all day Saturday. Then, I'd say how awesome it was to hang out in Gunter on Sunday, and eat with my family and Aunt Di who just recently had a birthday. I would also write about how I'm going to Midland for another wedding this weekend, but I didn't think all that would be intriguing enough to do an entire blog about.

I thought about writing a blog on all the rain we're getting, but could I really write more than a sentence on the rain? We can always use more rain, and it's a blessing that the floods are coming in Oklahoma, but I don't think I could say enough about thunderstorms to hold your attention for more than a paragraph. From what I understand, it would be best if it was going a little further south, and not just revolving around OKC. It is, however, making it harder to get up for work in the mornings because the sound of the rain on my window is so relaxing. The other night, I was out with a buddy, and we had to seek refuge because there was a tornado that hit a couple miles away. You should have seen the sky that night; it was horrifyingly beautiful. But really, I couldn't write a whole blog about the rain, so there was no reason to even mention it.

I also thought I could write about my new favorite hobby. I've been going in and out of every pawn shop in OKC looking for my iPod and camera. I've had more fun pawn-shop-shopping than anything else these past few weeks. There aren't any pawn shops around the nice, respectable areas of Oklahoma. To find the pawn shops, you have to go to the dirtiest, scariest parts of the city. For instance, most of the good pawn shops are on the same street as BoBo's Chicken and Cee Cee Wigs. I haven't bought anything or had any success finding my belongings, but I could easily write a book about all of the people and shop owners that I've come across. If I did choose this topic, it would be too long, and you would probably lose interest around the time I write about an argument between a shop owner and a kid that ended in the shop owner screaming, "You lucky you got a mama that loves you cause you tha dumbess boy I eva met!"

So I guess I won't write about anything. I'm sorry for not having anything interesting enough to write about over the past week. Maybe, I'll have more ideas for something to write about in the coming week, or I'll experience some thought provoking epiphanies to bother you about.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Never woulda thought about going to pawn shops looking for your stolen goods. That's like CSI stuff!

    Did we miss a family meal???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chad,
    Just keep your thoughts coming in story form. I love them!

    ReplyDelete