About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Why I'm Here

The set up for this blog is going to be different. Most people start at the beginning of their life and work their way to the present situation. This might make you think, "OK, to be different he must do the opposite of that." Well, you would be wrong if you had that thought. I'm going to do this completely random. I see this most appropriate because stories and thoughts don't come to us in chronological order. Instead, they hit us like the changing of the weather (if you lived in Oklahoma you would know that this means extremely random). However, to avoid complete confusion, I will give you a somewhat relevant reason of Why I'm Here. I'm sure over the past couple of years, changes and situations in my life has brought some pretty odd (but good) questions to mind. Questions such as "Why in the world is Chad in Oklahoma?" or "Why is Chad going to an Assemblies of God church?" or "Why is Chad not selling chocolate anymore?" or "Why was Chad even selling chocolate in the first place?" We will get to all of those questions eventually, but right now, those are not the question at hand. The question is Why I'm Here. This is not an easy question to answer, but at the same time, it is a simple answer. The answer is so complex that this computer does not have the memory to hold the explanation, but the answer is so short and sweet. The answer to this question is so confusing, and yet, it's so clear. The answer is so calm and gentle, but at the same time, it's so exciting and exhilarating. The answer can be so frustrating, and at the same time, be so comforting. The answer may be the misconception to some as hate, but the answer is nothing but the purist of love. Hopefully, you have figured it out by now. Hopefully, you aren't hanging on by a thread at this point, and trying to guess the end of this blog. If you are, I'm sorry. Because I'm not going to give you the answer. It's not because I don't want you to know the answer. Actually, it's the exact opposite; I long for you to know the answer. If it were my dying wish, I would wish that everyone knows this answer. But all the same, it is the answer to why I'm here, and it's even the answer to why you are there. My point to this is not to confuse you, but for you to look at your own life and current situation and ask yourself "Why am I here?" I hope that our answers coincide.

No comments:

Post a Comment