About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Overflow: Lights Out

After helping Doug for close to 2 years, I finally started a college ministry of my own. It is called Overflow: Lights Out. The name Overflow is the name of the service that Doug runs, and it also coincides with the name of another college service in Stillwater (OSU) that is running a similar ministry. It's called Lights Out because we do the whole service in the dark. It is 50 minutes of Dave singing worship music. This gives you the opportunity to concentrate on nothing but God. There are no distractions; you can't see anyone else in the auditorium, and even better, they can't see you. We encourage people to sing along with Dave by putting the words to the songs up on slides, but no one is expected to follow along. It is a great time to lift your hands without worrying what anyone else thinks of you. You can lay on the ground or in the pews and no one knows; its a way for you to feel comfortable with worshipping however you want. My job is to go shake hands at the beginning, handle any abnormal complications, and encourage students to come back and bring friends. It is challenging at times because college students are very fickle, and loyalty is a big issue with this age group. It is hard to build numbers without being able to be on different campuses advertising everyday. But with a concept that can appeal to anyone, you hope that it will build itself through word of mouth. And prayer; lots of prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment