About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Abs Diet

Over the past couple of months, I have been eating healthier and working out all the time. My trip to Hawaii inspired me to get my body in shape, so I convinced Dave to do this diet and work out plan with me. Its called the Abs Diet. This is a pretty well known diet, so I figured it would probably be suffice for our needs. After Hawaii, I continued to follow the diet, but not as strict as the first 3 weeks. I decided to stick with the Abs Diet because the food that it allows is generally the same thing that you would eat anyways. The hardest part of the whole diet is that I've had to increase my normal 1 to 2 meals a day to 6 meals a day (this is where I am not as strict as before Hawaii). The food categories are called the power 12 and they spell out the acronym A-B-S-D-I-E-T-P-O-W-E-R 12. It goes like this:

Almonds and other nuts
Beans and other legumes
Spinach and other green vegetables
Dairy products
Instant oatmeal
Eggs
Turkey and other lean meats
Peanut butter
Olive oil
Whole-grain breads and cereals
Extra protein (whey powder)
Raspberries and other berries

Since the beginning of this diet, I have lost 15 pounds. The unusually awesome thing about this diet is that once a week, you can blow off the diet and eat whatever you want to satisfy your cravings. It's a very easy and inexpensive diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment