About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Blinded

Life Church in OKC just did a series called Can You See Him. The point of this series was to get you to look back at the low times in your life and see God's presence in those times. When we are going through those times, it is hard for us to see His hands because we are blinded by the suck (for lack of better words). In relation to my life so far, this theory holds true. I have gone through different struggles or lulls over past years, and through each and every one, I can look back and see how it was or has been resolved with a positive effect on my life. The outcome of some of these instances may not be how I initially planned or I might have been better off prior to the instance, but some how or another, it left an influence on my life that has either taught me a lesson or made me a better person. For some reason, I feel like I am currently in one of these times. I can feel God at work in my life, but I have no visual of Him. I know that in the future I will look back in awe of the wonders God was doing in my life, but right now, I am trying to figure out what He is trying to do. Almost every time I shut my eyes, I plead for guidance and strength, but it seems like all I receive is more confusion and frustration. I really don't have anything that I can complain about, but there is something inside of me that does not feel normal. There are millions of people in this world that would love to trade places with me, and yet, I can't find contempt in this situation. I want to do more, but I feel dormant. I feel helpless, almost useless. I want to be used; I'm tired of my own complacency. I can do more; I want to help. Something needs to change, but what?

2 comments:

  1. Chad,
    I don't know your situation that well, but I think God has you right where he wants you--waiting. He is in the waiting. God has something awesome planned for your life and since you are seeking Him and honoring Him, he will complete that which He has started in you. In the meantime, you must stand and wait. Preparing yourself through prayer, reading His word, and quiet listening--waiting for the moment that He needs you and at that time, he will raise you up (1 Peter 5--read it).

    “But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings as eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint” (Isaiah 40:31

    Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him” (Isaiah 64:4).

    Something is already changing--and it's you.
    love,Keelie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keelie - Thank you for the encouragement. I am not very good at waiting; definitely need to work on patience

    ReplyDelete