About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Friday, April 17, 2009

This is the Story of a Girl...

So one Sunday morning (October 28, 2007 to be exact), I walked into church at about 11:15 for a 10:50 service. Everyone at church can tell I'm Baptist because they know they can always find me on the back row, so naturally, I sat on the second from the last row. The worship was well under way, and as we neared the last song, I noticed this beautiful singing voice behind me; it easily put American Idol to shame. To avoid being obvious, I didn't turn around. After service, I looked to see the source of this melodic voice, and to my surprise there stood Bonnie. Quick background on Bonnie: we first met about two months before this church service at Overflow. When we met, it was for about two seconds, and I introduced myself as Clyde because I had heard her tell someone else her name. I left her believing that my name was actually Clyde, and before talking to her again at the church service, that was the extent of our acquaintance. After church that Sunday morning, a lot of us went to Pei Wei to eat. I bought her lunch by accident because the cashier thought we were together, and by time Bonnie realized what was going on, I insisted on buying her lunch. Afterwards, she and I stood in the parking lot for over two hours talking. We, somehow, found a way to talk to each other everyday until my birthday, Nov. 5. On my birthday, she invited me to her dorm room on UCO campus where she had decorated her room for my birthday. She had even won a chocolate birthday cake in a cake-walk (still not sure what that is) on campus earlier that day. As weeks passed, we spent more and more time together, but Bonnie would never date me. She had decided that she wasn't going to date during her first year of college, which I respected. I tricked her onto our first "date" by going to see the Bee Movie; I told her it was just two friends going to see a movie (regardless of what she says, it was a date). There were many other "just-two-friends-going-to-do-somethings" over the following months. May 11, 2008, marked the beginning of our actual boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. Bonnie has an obsession with the number "11" so on May 11, at 11:11 PM, I asked her to be my girlfriend. If you think this is romantic, you are wrong; simply due to the fact that we were in a Wal-Mart in Muskogee, Oklahoma at that time. Special isn't it? Anyways, we now celebrate two anniversaries when the time comes around: Oct. 28 for the start of our "friendship" and May 11 for the start of our relationship. Either way, I couldn't possibly write enough about how blessed I am to have her around.

4 comments: