About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Who Else is Here

After this post, I think I am done with the "something-something Here" blogs, which is a good thing for me because that means you are caught up with my surroundings. There still might be stories of how I met someone, but you now understand the core of Why I'm Here. I think it's funny how God places people in our lives. They could have been near us our whole life, but I feel that God has a plan for when our paths cross.

For instance: meet David Timothy Dunn. Dave and I went to the same college at the exact same time, for the same amount of time (2004-2007). We played basketball against each other numerous amounts of times but neither one of us have any recollection of the other in college. We met through a mutual friend (getting to him in a second) in Edmond, and less than a month after meeting, we were living together. He is a musician who is about to put out his second album, and he leads the worship service that I oversee. Dave and I have the exact same personality, and you would think that we have known each other since birth if you were ever around us at the same time.

That mutual friend I was talking about is James Middle-Name Carbary.Although James looks like a giant in this picture, he is not; he is a normal person (with a real middle name, I just don't know it). I met James through Bonnie at the college service that we attend on Thursday night. James is an extremely good friend of mine, and like Bonnie, James is one of the most contagiously up-lifting, spirited people I have ever met; I love this kid to death.

Along with Dave, I also live with Philip Michael Mason.Phil was one of the first friendships I formed when I moved here. He was the bartender at the Deep Deuce Grill (where I now bartend because of Phil) when I first came to OKC. When I started working for the grill, Phil and I were spending a lot of time together and we naturally formed a friendship because we have very similar personalities and the same sense of humor. Phil is probably the funniest person I've ever met.

Not really a way to wrap this one up, so there you go; that's Who Else is Here in OKC.

1 comment: