About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Response to Sibling Celebration...

In the spirit of Sibling Day, I thought I would share 3 things I remember most over the past 23 years with my brother (things that do not end in him trying to sell me or give me away or convince me I was found on the side of the road in Mexico):

These are in no particular order, just the first things that come to mind....


1. Eating an onion for a 4-wheeler
Mom and Dad told us that if we ate an onion from "The Crow's Nest" they would buy us a 4-wheeler. Greg ate an entire onion except for about a 2 inch ring which I tried to choke down; his stomach was, and always has been, stronger than mine when it came to eating. We had to get an extra bottle of ranch because every piece of onion was covered in dressing. They had already bought the 4-wheeler before the whole onion thing.

2. Video Games
If there were ever two kids that could define the statement of "raised by video games," it was us. We would spend countless hours in front of a television playing Nintendo. It didn't matter what game (Mario Bros, Contra, Zelda, Techmo Bowl, Techmo Super Bowl, and the list goes on...) we would not stop playing until we beat it. I remember there was a special way to save Zelda, and if you didn't do it right, you would lose all your information. One time I did it wrong, and Greg and Ferg made me stand there and hold down the buttons until they were finished playing.

3. Fighting
I don't think a day went by when Greg and I didn't get into some sort of physical altercation. We fought over any and everything. I think our last actual fight was my Freshman year of high school, his Senior year. I would always start something on one end of the house and then take off running to the other end of the house having to guess which room mom was in. If I guessed wrong, he would have me cornered. To avoid this, I would be screaming bloody murder for mom to answer as I ran through the house (I think most of the time she wouldn't answer on purpose because she knew I deserved it) so that I could hide behind her.

Whatever the case, God has blessed me, not only with a brother, but a life long friend; to which I am truly thankful for.

3 comments:

  1. Chad, I loved the stories. You boys have great memories growing up together. I am glad Ferg and Jenna were part of many of those experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well played Bro, that is still the best onion I've ever eaten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hid behind your mom when you were a Freshman in high school? Wow.

    ReplyDelete