About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What I'm Doing Here

24 hours. That's all God gave us for one day. He lets us choose what we do in that day, but as much as we beg and plea, He doesn't change the amount of time in a day. Its funny how our wishes for time can change on a daily basis. For instance, when we are having a bad day, we yearn for the day to just be over with. We want God to take away a couple of hours just so we can start anew and forget the troubles of the day. Or when we have something really exciting going on the following day, we are ready for the current day to end so tomorrow can get here sooner. But when we are having the time of our life, we want more time. When we have a million things to do before tomorrow, we want more time. Every time my brother falls asleep/takes a shower/plays golf(granted he's playing well), he wants more time. As for me, when I look at What I'm Doing Here, I could definitely use more time in the day. Ever since I started attending my church, I have helped Doug with anything that he needs, which eventually lead to me becoming his assistant. Soon, Doug and I starting a Coffee Talk service on Wednesday nights for the adults, and it also presented an opportunity for me to lead a small group on Sunday nights. Recently, he has given me my own service on Tuesday nights after his service. It's an all worship service, so I really don't have to do much except some behind the scenes maintenance. On Wednesday nights, Bonnie and I also attend a college small group that is sanctioned by a different church. After I left Hershey's, I started bartending at the Deep Deuce Grill. I bartended during college so I knew it was a great way to make some good money, and it is by far the most enjoyable job that I have ever worked. While I was bartending in OKC, I was hired on with my current employer, National Oilwell Varco. This started a Monday through Friday 7-5 work week on top of everything else.

So to sum all of this up, I currently hold a sales position with National Oilwell Varco, I bartend a few nights a week (sometimes I leave the office and drive straight to the bar which makes a 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM work day), and I am still very involved at the church with different ministries. When I do get the occasional hour or two of free time, I am spending it with Bonnie or at the gym. I could use about 5 more hours in a day.

1 comment: