About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Monday, May 4, 2009

When it Rains

From my short existence on this earth, I've learned to take lessons from the little things in life. My lesson remembered today is one given to me from the rain. As I sit at my desk in my office, I can hear the rain falling on the window behind me. Listening to the moans and complaining of people around the office, I am reminded that even though one thing is displeasing to some, it is probably a blessing to others. In most cases, we have the option of choosing which side of the river to stand; do we look at the situation as a negative or a positive. I normally would say that your decision is based on your current mood. I woke up this morning cold, tired, and grumpy. The only thing that was good about this Monday was that it's softball night. I could choose to chime in with my co-workers and tell them how disappointed I am that I don't get to play tonight and that I just want to go home and stay dry. Or I could stand against them, and tell them that my schedule was just cleared up for the evening and that I now have time for friends that I've been putting off because I'm always busy. When looking at these two options with a clear head, its pretty obvious which is the more desirable answer. Lately, it seems like my reasoning has been distracted and my attitude has been abnormally grim. I finally hit the point that I've been such a beat down that I've started not wanting to hang out with myself. So I was thinking why I would choose to take the grim look on this situation. I think its because I haven't been seeking out my blessings. I think we have this idea that we get to sit in our comfortable chair and wait for God to deliver our blessing to us on a silver platter. That shouldn't be the case at all. I think God has a blessing and he wants to give it to us, but we have to go get it. I don't necessarily think we have to travel to the top of a mountain, but I do know that it begins with us getting out of our lazy boy. So to prove my theory wrong, I think our decision can be based on how bad we need our day to change. So I decided that I could use a blessing today. I don't want to go on with this pity-me attitude. So what did I do? I've already made plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment