About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Power Failure

Tonight, I'm heading to San Antonio, Texas. Not only does the out-of-town streak continue, but I am returning to another city that is all too familiar for me. As many of you might know, I spent a great deal of time in the dirty San Antone when I was in college. After that relationship concluded, I swore to myself that I would do everything in my power to never return. If I was ever heading south, I would drive around it. If there would ever be a layover at the airport, I would fly around it. I was bound and determined to stay away; truth is I hate San Antonio. It's dirty, unpleasant and filled with a certain demographic that is over populating the city. But to much dismay, my powers have failed me. One of my college best friends, Doug Yaklin, is getting married in none other than San Antonio. I would have declined the invite, and I think he knew this, so he made me part of the wedding party. He is a smart man. All joking aside, I am super excited for him and his future wife, and I cannot wait to see them unite. They are one of the very few couples who have survived a long distance relationship, and they could not be any better for each other. I was there the day they met, and I have made many trips with him to go see her (some probably against our better judgement, leaving at 2:00 AM for a 7 1/2 hour drive). I have given him much advise on what not to do in a long distance relationship, and to no surprise, it has been very successful. Anyways, San Antonio, here I come.




Foto Friday:



The whole gang

Me, Donnie and Bill










3 comments:

  1. Is the background of that Donnie and Bill picture Sam's? random... Have a good time in San Antone...It would be funny if you met someone from there at the weeding and then you'd be making those trips all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... Im with Keelie on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chad, enjoyed the S.A. story. Loved the fotos!!

    ReplyDelete