About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Weekend Miracle II

I'm going to have the pleasure of returning to my alma mater this weekend, Texas Tech. Will I see the campus? Maybe from across the street as we do the Broadway Shuffle, but I have no intentions of going on campus. I am going to Lubbock to hang out with my long lost brother and cousin, Greg and Jenna. As some of you may know, it's a rarity in itself to see either of these two at an individual time, but to be able to see both of them at the same time, that's a miracle. Jenna happened to read my last blog and told me she was heading to Lubbock this weekend. And if you got the gist of the last blog, it didn't take much convincing for me to agree to head that direction as well.

Greg and I lived together 2 of my 3 years of college, and when I graduated, I moved to Oklahoma. This made it almost impossible for Greg and I to remain as close as we were during college. We manage to see each other maybe once every 3 months, but when we do reunite, a fun-point or two is bound to be scored.

Jenna and I lived together our first year at Texas Tech; when I say, "lived together," I mean all of our stuff was at the same location. I rarely ever stayed at the apartment and we rarely ever saw each other. Jenna and I are so close because of our childhood. People always ask about my siblings. I always tell them that biologically I have one brother, but really, I have two brothers and a sister. When you live in such a small town and have a family as close as ours, you are around each other almost every day. Growing up it seemed like we were paired by age; Greg and Ferg were always a pair, and Jenna and I was always a pair. Although we always fought like brother and sister, we also joined a bond like a brother and sister.

I am super excited about getting to see both of my long lost relatives this weekend. I am sure that it is going to be a large time and a wonderful family reunion.



I have a uselessly useful thought for you today. Although I have despised wearing them my entire life, hats save a lot of time when getting ready in the mornings. I never wore a hat up until about 6 months ago. Now, I wear one about 3 times a week to work. Awesome.

2 comments:

  1. This blog is very true! I also say that I have two other brothers. Greg the protective one and Chad the very honest, tell me what he thinks one! Couldnt ask for a better childhood! Just to set the record straight...I did see chad more than he let on.....I would unlock the apt for him every time he would lose his keys or lock himself out!! (Happened more than you would think)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha this is VERY true... you would think at some point we would have thought to hide a key outside

    ReplyDelete