About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Harry Potter Secretly Rocks My Face Off

Once again, I am struggling to stay awake at my computer due to the remnants of an amazing weekend. I left work Friday at 5:00 and arrived in San Antonio at 12:30, to which I was received by many familiar faces. We hung out all night talking about old times and catching up on what everyone was doing these days. We were met by an early morning on Saturday and lots of rushing around due to the fact that we were running late at getting to our pre-wedding errands. This was my first Catholic wedding to attend, but to my understanding, it was not as traditional as most Catholic weddings; though, there was still a lot of standing and sitting.

Doug and Jennifer (the groom and bride) did not leave for their honeymoon until later the following day so they decided to come out with us after the reception and play on the River Walk. Everyone in the wedding party stayed at Hotel Valencia downtown which allowed all of us to hang out until the wee hours of the morning once again. I don't know why we even got hotel rooms because there was little to no sleeping Saturday night. Jennifer's Made of Honor, who lives in California, road to the wedding from College Station with her mother, and she would have been forced to leave after the reception if she did not find a ride back to College Station on Sunday. Since she was an old college friend of mine, I did not mind volunteering to make the 3 1/2 hour, slightly wrong direction detour for her on Sunday morning.

From College Station, I traveled due north and took another hour long detour from my normal route to see some more family and friends in Gunter at a cookout. I only stayed at the cookout for a short time because I was running on fumes from the weekend and resemble something similar to a zombie. Overall, the trip took me 7 hours to get down there, and it took me 13 hours to get home. However, due to my long travels, I finished my book on CD, Harry Potter and the Dark Prince, and I'm now, embarrassingly, hooked on the Harry Potter books (they're just so stinking good).

Now, to answer any suspicions of comments from my previous blog: no, I did not meet anyone at the wedding that lives in San Antonio that I want to go back and visit, and shame on you for wishing such terrible things. All in all, good weekend, good friends, good family, good times.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to stop by. Will see you again hopefully soon!
    Love!

    ReplyDelete