About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wake Up

This morning, I am reminded of how bittersweet life can be sometimes. I have been regularly following along a blog about a family who has endured a great tragedy, and at the same time, one of life's most beautiful blessings. The blog today has compelled me to encourage others to follow along. It kills me to place myself in this families situation and to imagine what kinds of emotions the wife must be going through. Everyday, I am eager to see if there is a change in the status of their situation. I am a little hesitant to share the blog with you because of how addicting it can be to look forward for the next post. I have never met this family and probably never will, nor would have I ever known about them if it were not for their great tragedy.

One of my fraternity brothers, Adam Snell, is about to get married. His soon to be brother in-law, Keith Beasley, and a few of his friends traveled to Austin for a bachelor party. To make a detailed story vague, Keith ended up falling a few stories off the side of a parking garage and landing on a small patch of grass at the bottom; a fall that should have killed him. This incident occurred April 10. Keith has been through many medical treatments and surgeries since the accident. Keith has finally progressed to the point to where he has steady vitals and opens his eyes to look at things; yet he shows very little responses.

Keith's wife, Judy, has been by his bedside every step of the way. However, for a short while, she was forced to leave his side because on May 25, Keith's wife delivered their first baby. The bible makes it very clear that one of God's greatest blessings to any husband and wife is children. She has since gone back to his side with their baby boy.

Keith's wife started the blog 2 days after the accident to update family and friends of Keith's status and to encourage prayer. From the sounds of her blog, it is very clear that she loves the Lord with all of her heart and has placed the entire situation in God's hands. Her faith is such an amazing testimony, and it encourages many to share their own stories on her guest book, and to tell her of the amazing impact her faith is having on their lives.

I want to encourage you to visit her blog and read Keith's story and to browse around the website. I encourage you to place yourself in her situation and realize how small our worries and problems are compared to how bad they could be. I encourage you to join the prayers of thousands to get Keith to wake up and respond.

Please visit http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/keithbeasley Please Pray.

4 comments:

  1. Chad, I am so glad you shared this situation and website so that we could join them in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also glad you shared, and glad to get to read your writings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pray for Keith Beasley Day May 19th. God has really laid on my heart to fast and pray and to send the word out to others. We are hoping that people will meet at noon in churches, homes, & places of work to pray. Please help spread the word. I am working on a poster to poster for all of the websites and for people to pr...int out and put in their offices, churches, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chad, I am one Keith's cousin. I was just searching today reading blogs other people have posted about Keith and his accident.

    As you may have already learned today, Keith's long journey ended this morning. I want to thank you for sharing his story and I hope that you do have a chance to meet Keith's parents and sister one day. They are awesome people and it's a blessing and honor to call them family! Please continue to pray for them daily and his precious son, Brooks.

    Keith was loved by many and will be missed!

    I wish I had the chance to let him know how much I looked up to him while growing up and how much I love and care about him. Sadly I am not a touchy, feeling person and just assume my family and friends know I care about them. You just never know when something like this could happen to your family and it really has taught me to treasure each moment because it truly is a gift from God

    Thanks again,

    Jana Beasley-Morse

    ReplyDelete