About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Name's Chad Davis, And I Have An Addiction

I have a problem that I want to get off my chest. I made a brief comment about this in a previous post, and I feel that it needs to be addressed a little further. I have an addiction. I have missed 2 work outs this week because I have been so enthralled by this new obsession. I have heard that the first step is admitting that you have a problem so hear goes:

I'm addicted to Harry Potter books.

A children's book. Kids stories, written for little kids. I'm 23 years old, and all I can do is think of when I'm going to be able to find time to continue the story. When did I become a nerd? I make fun of people like this. Next thing you know, I'm going to be 50 pounds over weight and playing World of Warcraft. The kicker; I can't even look sophisticated reading these stories because I don't read them; I listen to them on CD. So you can only imagine what my roommate thinks when he comes home and finds me in my bed, wide awake, listening to a grown man with a British accent talking like teenage girls and trolls. Embarrassing, humiliating; I've lost all dignity. Why couldn't I have a real addiction like drugs or alcohol? You know, the respectable ones.


Anyways, I think my streak is coming to an end. With it already being Thursday and no offers on the table yet, it seems I have exhausted all of my resources for weekend travels (for the time being). This will be the first weekend I've been home since about mid April. You have to admit, I gave it a good run. I'm still not counting myself out for going somewhere, but I have already started taking steps in the opposite direction. I think after work Friday, Phil and I are going to have a BBQ at the house. This pleases me because it has been a very long time since Phil and I have gotten to hang out, even though he lives right down the hall from me. Saturday, I think I'm going to go find a pool to do a little rest and relaxation. I haven't been to a pool since the heat wave finally came in. I might even get to swing a golf club this weekend, but I don't want to make any promises.

4 comments:

  1. Might I suggest a book for your leisurely reading (when you finish the HP series)? I think you would probably like the Twilight series but I would be more interested to hear your comments about the book: The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborn. It is an easy read and very thought-provoking. Just a suggestion. I don't think it is on tape though so you would get to look cool actually holding a book while you "read."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I'm not really buying your excuse for not working out because it would be super easy to get on the treadmill or eliptical while listening to a book on CD. Just sayin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah thats what my roommate has suggested so I think I'm getting rid of all of my music on my iPod and putting Harry on there (i have one of those smaller ipod shuffles, not much storage space)... I will look into your book but its on a very long list of hard back books to actually "read"... as for twilight: i said I'm a "nerd" not "gay"

    ReplyDelete