About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Over The Top

Today is going to be a special blog. Here's what happened:

Keelie at Red Writing presented me with an award. Forgive me for not showing you what the award looks like, but know that it's tucked away in the trophy case of my heart rather than plastered on my blog for all the world to take for granted. I would say that it's more of an honor than an award. Keelie follows just under 1000 blogs and and has just as many followers of her own blog. She had to choose 6 blogs to give an "Over The Top" award to, and I was a recipient of one of these awards. I don't think she meant that my blog itself is over the top, but I think she was insinuating that maybe my style goes over the top on occasion (reference Easily Amused, My Name's Chad Davis..., and Gratitudes and Apologies). Anyways, here's what I have to do:

Copy and change the answers to suit you and pass it on. It’s quite tricky to use only one-word answers! Have Fun!

1. Where is your cell phone? Desk

2. Your hair? Gelled

3. Your mother? Love

4. Your father? Legacy

5. Your favorite food? Chops

6. Your dream last night? Sporadic

7. Your favorite drink? Coffee

8. Your dream/goal? Servant

9. What room are you in? Office

10. Your hobby? Golf

11. Your fear? Alone

12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Home

13. Where were you last night? Friends

14. Something that you aren’t? Perfect

15. Muffins? Banana-Nut

16. Wish list item? Sofa

17. Where did you grow up? Gunter

18. Last thing you did? Awoke

19. What are you wearing? Green

20. Your TV? Neglected

21. Your pets? SASHMOBODEANYOUOWECRITTERCRITTERYOU!!!

22. Friends? Abundant

23. Your life? Improving

24. Your mood? Anxious

25. Missing someone? You

26. Vehicle? HUGE

27. Something you’re not wearing? Invisibility-Cloak

28. Your favorite store? iTunes

29. Your favorite color? Gray

30. When was the last time you laughed? Chuck

31. Last time you cried? Miracle

32. Your best friend? Dave/Chad

33. One place that I go to over and over? Sin

34. One person who emails me regularly? Coach

35. Favorite place to eat? Kitchen


Thank you Keelie! That was fun, and brought back a lot of memories of those forwards from high school. Not many will admit it, but everyone likes to fill those out; it gives them a reason to talk about themselves, and lets be honest, that's everyone's favorite topic of conversation.

I'm supposed to forward this on to 6 other people and tell them that they have won the "Over The Top" award. Instead, I am going to let everyone and anyone who wants to win be the winner of my award. So copy and past as you please.

Side Note: I wonder why spell check didn't recognize the name of my pet?

3 comments:

  1. Chad, I think you win a blog award. You always write with such creativity and insightfulness. However, I would like to comment on some of your answers. Thanks for "mother's" response. I cannot believe that you want another couch. Nanny might be offended that you want to replace her lovely couch. Love, you
    See you Monday night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, its been an internal struggle to resist all of my temptations to get rid of her pink floral couch, but i think its about that time to start looking for something a little less floral and pink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chad! It has been a while since I have been on your blog. Congrats on your award. I just LOVE reading your words. You are very inspiring and have a great heart. I love how you admit that you "sin" when you get a chance. Don't we all!! Many hugs! Hope life is treating you good!

    ReplyDelete