About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Anxious Eagerness

My mind has been stretched to its limit over the past couple of weeks. I have so many things bouncing around my head that it's hard for me to focus on whatever task or activity I'm doing at that moment. It's not so much of me being unable to multi task, but it's more of me not being able to stay out of my head. I'm being haunted with the realization that life as I know it is about to change.

I believe everyone goes through these mental battles as certain deadlines approach. I remember similar feelings before both of my graduations. I bet fiances experience this inner turmoil as their wedding date approaches. Also, when couples know the arrival of their first born is only a few months away. Yet, I bet it's not as dramatic as someone who can see the end of their life approaching; I wouldn't be able to fathom what is racing through your mind after coming to that realization. Luckily, I am just being badgered with the knowledge that I'm about to move.

There are so many things that I want to do before I leave. There are so many people that I want to see and spend time with. There are also a few situations that I want resolved. I want to take full advantage of the 3 hour drive from OKC to Dallas/Gunter and the 5 hour drive from OKC to Lubbock; after the move, both of these drives are doubled. It's not that I want more time, and it's not that I don't want to go. I am super anxious and extremely eager to move; I am ready to further my career. I just want to make the best of the time that I have left here in OKC.

Anyways, keep me in your prayers. Pray that I find peace during this whole situation and that it doesn't distract me too much. Also, continue to support me with the decision discussed in my previous blog.

1 comment: