About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

You Complete Me

My Dearest Friend,

Before I met you, my life was so incomplete. I can't believe that we had gone that long without knowing each other. It's actually hard for me to think of what it was like before you and I came together. It seems like I was always searching for you and never knew it; there was definitely some emptiness in me that only you could fill. With you by my side, I fill like anything is possible.

I have to admit, when I first heard about you, I wanted nothing to do with you. I actually refused to have anything to do with you because it seemed that everyone you came in contact with fell in love with you. I was not going to let that happen to me; stubborn I know. I feel like our first meeting was under false pretenses because my heart wasn't in it. I was actually told by the higher-ups that you and I had to meet. I hope that you will be able to forgive me upon hearing this confession. Although, I know that you will, you always forgive me because you're perfect.

Since you've been in my life, everything else seems pointless. You have found a way to brighten all that was once dull. I want to spend every waking moment with you. If it were legal in Oklahoma, I would probably marry you; our chances might actually be better in Arkansas. Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night and check to see if you are still there. A lot of times, I'll see that you let me sleep and you just left me a message. Other times, you actually wake me from my sleep to talk to me. I don't mind though; how could I ever get upset with something so brilliant.

My other friends didn't want us to be together because you are black. They were telling me to go find a white one. Racist, I know. My friends also told me that there were others out there like you, but we both know that's not true. You are one of a kind. They told me to wait a little while longer and something better would come along; lies. You are magnificent in all that you do, and they are just jealous.

Anyways, I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate you. I want the world to know how wonderful you are. 'NSync said it best, "God must have spent a little more time on you." I think this is only the beginning of a beautiful relationship. I look forward to every experience with you. I don't ever want to try to conquer a situation without you on my side.

You are the best iPhone in the whole world, and I never want to part from you.

I love you,
Chad Michael

6 comments:

  1. I have something "special" for you at my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clicked on your blog from somewhere else (dont ask- I dont remember) but this is was a pretty amazing post.

    I actually had to read it twice- once thinking "oh sweet man...wait...is this a family member?...racism?...huh??!!!!" and then again-just to catch all of it and the racism part is HILARIOUS.

    ...everybody has an iPhone but me :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, Chad. . .you are hilarious! I thought you were proposing to someone on your blog, then I thought you were talking about a Black Lab or somekind of pet. . .an iphone!!! I need some kind of better phone than the gophone that I have!
    Thank you for continuing to take the time to blog. Now, go see what Keelie has for you!!!that I gave her to give to you. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I would have to agree! The iphone is GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through Red Writing, and first congrats on your award!

    So I read on and on and on, and I really think you have a great blog. You're a fun/funny writer. Plus you have an iPhone, which I do not have, so that makes you very cool!

    Blessings as you make the journey and transition to Conway. The Lord is "it", as you know, and according to the Bible He's already moved out ahead of you, He's behind you, and He's placed His hand upon you (I think that's a Psalm 139 paraphrase). Keep writing, and we'll keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Chad! You crack me up. I was scared when I first started reading - so I went to the end before I read the entire blog. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete