About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Countdown to Greens at Nutters Chapel

I'm sitting here, staring at the wall opposite of my desk where I have two giant calendars, and I just realized that time has turned into an illusive little devil. I want to reach out, grab time by the neck, and hold it down so that it can't go anywhere for a while. Or maybe break one of his legs so that he can't move so fast. Wasn't it summer just last month? Did we not celebrate Halloween last week? What happened to the years that we would stare at the calendar for what seemed like years and only a month would pass by? Now, it seems like months go by like hours and days move along like minutes.

I'm supposed to move to Arkansas in about 5 weeks (REALLY?!?), and the more I travel to Conway, the more I realize that it's very similar to Lubbock. It's approximately 5 hours away from everything, and there really isn't much to do. To many, this would seem like a problem, but I really don't think it's going to bother me too much. I'm super bummed about having to leave my friends, but I'm equally excited to start my new job.

Driving doesn't bother me, so distance from friends and family is no problem. My apartment complex has enough amenities to keep me busy during the evenings. The complex sits on a brand new golf course (which cost me nothing to play!), the gym looks like a fitness club, the pool is huge (sauna and jacuzzi included), and the view from my balcony is breathtaking. Anyways, I've never really been one to just sit around and mope about not knowing anyone, and I am pretty easy to please so entertainment is the least of my worries.

HOWEVER, once again, I am being shipped away to yet another town that does not have a JACK IN THE BOX! First Lubbock, then Oklahoma City, and now Conway; why must this world be so cruel???

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, sitting around is definitely not you. I am not worried one bit about you getting lonesome!

    Yes, I'll be there soon to check it all out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chad, you are not even old enough to really understand how fast time flies. I am sorry about NO Jack in the Box in Conway; however, you are so adaptable that you will do just fine in Conway.

    I hope that you find time to write more. I miss your posts.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete