About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

True Love; Old Love

You are my best friend. I've known you for so long now that I can't even imagine what it would be like to spend a day without you. It actually seems like an eternity since we've been apart. Please don't ever leave my side; I really don't know what I would do without you. You are the reason that I get out of bed in the mornings, and the reason that I make it through out the day.

I remember once when we were "on a break," I would start my day in a depression knowing that I wasn't going to wake up to you. Then I'd go to work and I wouldn't see you there either. I was semi-suicidal back then because I missed you so much. We were so silly; I'm so thankful that we put our petty differences aside and that we now spend almost every waking moment together.

Just the other day, I thought I would have to go through the whole day without spending time with you; it was a bad day. I had headaches the whole day just thinking of being away from you. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore, so I rushed over to you. Remember? I know you do.

Some people would say that I'm obsessed with you; they're just jealous. Some people even call you a drug. You are a drug. You're my own personal drug, and I'm addicted to you. I need my fix every day; a fix that only you can give me.

I love you, coffee. And that will never change.


3 comments:

  1. I thought it was going to be his iPhone, again. Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coffee is my real first name. Coffee David Dunn

    ReplyDelete