About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Proposal Prologue - Their Proposal

I'm currently sitting in a rental car in the Houston Hobby airport parking lot waiting on a tow truck. My company car was broken into last week, and I just found out that they jammed something into the door lock rendering it useless. AND the battery is now dead, so my key remote won't open the doors; thus, I have no way of getting into the car. Now, I'm bored and have decided to tell the world (all 4 people that follow this site and the NOV-IT department) on the meaning of my last blog.

Most everyone already knows this story, but I figured that it would be nice to have it in writing. About 3 weeks ago, I was sitting at my desk in my new cubicle in our corporate office looking up Houston softball league information. Ragon, the VP of NOV Mission (I'm pretty sure there's an interesting story on here somewhere of a run-in I had with his daughter), comes up behind me and wants to see me in his office.

I walk into his office and Brian, my old boss from OKC, is already sitting in the office as well. Now, I figure that I'm getting fired and Brian has been asked to witness. Ragon asks me if I'm liking my new job. I respond that I'm super pleased with it. Then, he asks if I like Houston, and I tell him that I do actually love Houston (which is the truth; I really do enjoy it here).

Tow truck is here... Finish later this week.

Ok I have a lot of time on my hands now. I'm sitting in the waiting area of a medical center because I have to get immunization shots for what I'm about to tell you.

So Ragon says,"Great! Good to hear you like Houston. That's wonderful. Davis, what do you think about Singapore?" Having no clue where Singapore is, I reply,"Singapore is a cool place. I love South America!" After giving me a brief geography lesson (Singapore is in Asia. Hey, I colored maps in high school geography, give me a break), he proceeds to tell me about a position opening up and that they would really like me to accept the job.

I have always enjoyed traveling. My dream job (except driving a purple slugbug taxi in Mexico) has been to be an international salesman. Did I ever expect to get this opportunity so early in life? No. So you can only imagine the overwhelming feelings and thoughts going through me during this meeting.

They told me to take a week to think about it and get back to them. I laughed and said that wouldn't be necessary.

So a week after signing a year lease, a week after working in the corporate office, a week after moving to Houston, I decided to accept a position that will move me to the Far East and will be based out of Singapore. I am leaving this week to go over there for 2-3 weeks, I'll come back for about 5 days, and then I will officially move to Singapore.

Tara graciously accepted my proposal  and agreed to marry me and move to Singapore as well. She will join me after our wedding, but until then she will continue to work and is practically planning a wedding by herself. We will get married on December 31, 2011, and then start a life together of our own, on our own. Everyone is welcome to visit anytime they want, as much as they want! Our Singaporian home will always be open and welcome to our family and friends. And friends of friends. And anyone else who wants to come.







- Posted using BlogPress from ChadMD's iPhone

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! That is truly amazing! I can't wait to see what God has in store for you and your new family!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me laugh and cry. I just reread the Ragon/daughter story the other night. It really is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So crazy and excited!!! I am glad you posted that you will have open doors... becuase I am moving in SURPRISE!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was laughing and crying myself! This is such a special time for both of you. I'll be one of those visitors for sure!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete