About Me

My photo
My name is Chad Davis. I am the creation of my Lord and Savior, I am the son of Marilyn Davis and the late Carl Davis, I am the brother of Gregory Carl Davis, I am a husband to the amazing Tara Davis, and I am a friend to many; all of which put up with me and keep me in-line. I am grateful and blessed to have such an amazing cast of characters in my life. Without them, I would have nothing to write about.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Europa Series: Wien

Yeah, I didn't plan on spacing these out so far apart, but I haven't really been able to sit down and write. But, as promised, this one will be short and sweet.

After Prague we took a 5 hour train ride to Vienna (Wien). We had heard rumor from some people that Vienna was a smaller town and easier to get around. That was a bold face lie.

When you ride into Vienna's main train station, you think to yourself, "Why in the world did we come to Vienna?" The station is located in something similar to a ghetto. So we immediately started walking towards what we thought was the inner city. When we grabbed a map, we realized that Vienna is not a small, relaxing town. The map kept unfolding, and unfolding, and unfolding, until finally, we were staring at not just a town, but a metroplex.

I don't really know why we expected the city where the U.N. building is located to be small. Once you get into Vienna's square, you really start to notice the beauty and history located in the city.

We also met up with some fellow backpackers that we met in Prague and went out to explore Vienna's night life.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for more!!! I didn't get to see the other pics......will next time.

    ReplyDelete